Presented by CBDC NOBL – VIRTUAL
This interactive 40-hour Workplace Education program has been developed for anyone who would like to have more confidence and skill when presenting online either when leading a meeting, facilitating a group discussion, making a presentation, or going live on a social media platform. The program focuses on developing an understanding of fundamental facilitation and speaking skills; and builds on this with a variety of activities such as voice projection exercises, impromptus, and presenting in various forums. Using facilitator and peer feedback, participants learn to develop their facilitation and presentation skills by working on specific skills one at a time.
Topics to be covered include the following:
- Mastering the Zoom platform
- Dissecting the structure of a speech
- Identifying strategies for effectively opening and closing talks
- Delivering a formal presentation that is received as articulate, prepared, knowledgeable, and professional
- Understanding the basics of effective online meeting facilitation
- Learning how to manage question & answer sessions
- Applying strategies for audience management online
- Going Live on FB
- Developing various forms of videos for your business
- Developing your tech stack
- Effectively using PowerPoint for presentations
Start Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Time: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Classes will run every Tuesday for 10 consecutive weeks.There are additional requirements for the Zoom online programs, as follows: The program must be taken on a computer, laptop, or tablet; phones will not be an accepted device. Participants must have a high speed Internet connection (no dial up), and hardwired is preferred to wi-fi. A headset or earbuds must be used, and the participant must have a webcam, if no camera in their laptop, with the camera left on; video participation is a requirement, to ensure the connection to the instructor and other participants. A quiet place to focus is required, free from distractions. These details will be part of the INA process.
Registration is not confirmation of acceptance in the program; you will be contacted as to your status after an individual needs assessment, and no later than April 9, 2021.