- This event has passed.
Coldest Night of the Year 2021
It’s cold out there. The Coldest Night of the Year is a covid-safe, family-friendly walk to raise money for charities serving people experiencing homelessness, hurt, and hunger. Walk with us virtually or in-person on February 20, 2021 – there’s a place for everyone!
Everything is Outdoors!
Because of covid, the event this year must be outside from beginning to end without exception. This includes:
- Walker Check-In
- Toque Pick-up
- Walker Send-Off
- Rest Stop
Other key things of note this year:
- Indoor washroom facilities will be open at the start location and at the rest stop.
- Post-event meal: There will be no traditional post-event meal this year.
- Cash + cheques: We will not be processing these on CNOY Day, please login to Fundhub to pay off your cash and cheque pledges online.
Keep an eye on this page – we’ll be posting the socially-distanced walk times in early February.
- 4-6 pm: Walk times – mini opening ceremonies & send off instructions before each group leaves
- 6 pm: Last group leaves for their walk
- 7 pm: Rest Stop Closes
- 7:30 pm: Route Closes
- All walkers must check in when they arrive for their walk time.
- Walkers who raise $150+ (or $75+ for those under 18) will receive a CNOY toque as a thank you!
- Route Distances: 2 km or 5 km
- Rest stop: There will be one rest stop with yummy snacks and drinks.
- Signage: All routes will be well signed with our bold blue CNOY signs
- Route Support: Route marshals, rest stop attendants, and sweep vehicle drivers will provide support along the route.
- All walkers 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
The Downtown Truro Partnership uses this space to promote events that they are hosting.
The DTP encourages you to like and follow our Facebook feed so you will always have the most up to date information on events, festivals and special offers that are available at our downtown Truro businesses and in our local community.