- This event has passed.
2020 Truro Experience Guide Photo Contest
February 14, 2020 - March 6, 2020
We are looking for a unique photo to be featured on the cover of our 2020 Truro Experience Guide. 20,000 copies of this guide will be distributed province wide to highlight all that Truro has to offer! Photo submissions should reflect the vibrancy of Truro and the people who live, work and play here!
Contest Entry Details are as follows:
- Entries must be submitted no later than March 6th, 2020 at 4:00pm. There is no fee for entry.
- To be eligible to win the photograph must have been taken in Truro, Nova Scotia. Photos taken of people will be given preference over landscape and nature photographs. For example, we are looking for photos of people dining, shopping, enjoying events and recreation activities in Truro!
- To submit a photo, please complete the following steps:
- Email your submission to email@example.com.
- The subject line must read: 2020 TRURO EXPERIENCE GUIDE PHOTO CONTEST
- The body of your email should include your name, a brief description of the photo, your contact information and your social media platforms (if you would like to be identified as the contest winner).
- Please attach a jpg digital file of your photo (photo submission details can be found below).
- Upload your photo to social media; either Facebook, Instagram or both!
- Tag @downtowntruro and @townoftruro.
- Use the hashtag #experiencetruro in the post description.
*Please note your privacy settings for this post must be public. The photos will be judged by a panel once we’ve received all submissions, however, we will gain input from the public through public social media engagement.
- Entries must be colour digital photographs. Moderate digital adjustment (colour correction, cropping, sharpening, etc) is acceptable, but any image with a watermark or signature will be automatically disqualified.
- For contest entry, photos must be a jpg digital file, at least 3MB in size. Maximum file size: 6MB.
- The winner will be required to submit original material (high resolution files) for reproduction purposes, so winning pictures can be published. Please be prepared to submit a high resolution file, should you win.
- The photographer requires consent of all individuals in the photo, prior to submitting the photo.
- Photographers may submit multiple photos.
- Entries will be judged by a panel comprised of staff of the Town of Truro and the Downtown Truro Partnership. The decisions of the judges are final.
- Winners will be notified by phone or e-mail.
- The winner will be notified by March 20th, 2020.
- There will be ONE submission winner. This contest winner will have their photo submission featured on the cover of the 2020 Truro Experience Guide. The winner will be gifted $250 downtown dollars.
- Additional submissions may be featured inside of the experience guide. These selected submissions will be awarded $50 downtown dollars/ photo.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not redeemable for cash. If prizes cannot be mailed, winners are responsible for picking up their prizes at the Downtown Truro Partnership Office; 605 Prince Street, Truro, NS.
The Downtown Truro Partnership uses this space to promote events that they are hosting.
The DTP encourages you to like and follow our Facebook feed so you will always have the most up to date information on events, festivals and special offers that are available at our downtown Truro businesses and in our local community.