Marketing & Events Coordinator
Employment Type: Permanent, Part-Time, 24-30 hours per week
Application Deadline: Friday, August 13, 2021
Anticipated Start Date: Monday, August 30, 2021
We are currently seeking a Marketing and Events Coordinator to work in our dynamic and fast-paced office in downtown Truro. Outgoing and energetic, with a strong history of project management, event coordination, and content creation, this position provides support on a variety of events and marketing initiatives. Evening and weekend availability is required.
- Assists the Executive Director in the development and implementation of online advertising including Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and other digital advertising platforms.
- Develops and monitors posts for social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to advance the Downtown Truro Partnership’s social media marketing strategy.
- Content creation for digital, print, and broadcast platforms including blog posts, photography, and videography.
- Manage a library of content assets for a variety of marketing and advertising purposes.
- Email marketing through MailChimp, including implementation of strategies designed to grow our audience in Colchester county and across the province of Nova Scotia.
- Proofreading and copyediting for various channels to ensure a consistent organizational voice.
- Assist the Executive Director with member engagement and business support activities for over 400 businesses located in downtown Truro through email communication, site visits, and collaborative conversations.
- Maintain an annual events calendar, understand the requirements and timelines for each event, and plan for events with special attention to financial, regulatory, and time constraints.
- Negotiate with vendors, and manage event operations including venue preparation and responding to problems to resolves them quickly and professionally when they occur.
- Represent the Downtown Truro Partnership at various tradeshows and events throughout the year.
- Researching funding opportunities and assisting the Executive Director with grant applications.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree, diploma, community college certificate, or equivalent work experience in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related discipline.
- Experience developing and maintaining digital content, social media management, and creating content for digital distribution.
- Experience in event planning and management is strongly desired.
- Experience working with a WordPress website is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, or Adobe Premiere are a bonus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with special attention to spelling and grammar.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to potential issues before they occur.
- Comfortable interacting with the public in a friendly and approachable manner, even in stressful situations.
- A high level of emotional intelligence to diffuse tension in difficult situations.
- Ability to remain calm and productive in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize competing, essential tasks.
About the Downtown Truro Partnership
Truro is an energetic, growing town known as the “Hub of Nova Scotia” because of our central location. Our downtown core offers an idyllic blend of small-town charm and a thriving, modern business community. The Downtown Truro Partnership and the Town of Truro have a unique partnership focused on enhancing the downtown in both appearance and activity. Through an area rate charged to the member businesses, the Town provides the core funding to the Downtown Truro Partnership for the many projects and activities conducted annually that add to the vibrancy and attractiveness of the downtown core.
The Downtown Truro Partnership values equity, diversity and inclusion. We seek applicants who are passionate about growing our downtown core, and have backgrounds that reflect our community.
How to Apply
Please forward your cover letter and resume as a single .pdf document to email@example.com. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.