Holiday Season 2021

The holiday season is just around the corner, and the Downtown Truro Partnership has several initiatives businesses can participate in this year. While we are hopefully nearing the end of the global pandemic and restrictions have decreased from what we saw in 2020, there are still some traditional events we are not able to hold this season. We hope to see these events return in 2022!

Questions? Contact info@downtowntruro.ca or call (902) 895-9258

Downtown Dollars Sale

On Saturday, November 13 and Saturday, November 20, the Downtown Truro Partnership will be hosting a Downtown Dollars sale at our booth at the Truro Farmers’ Market. When a customer purchases $100 or more in Downtown Dollars, they select a mystery prize from our prize board (there will be 100 prizes on each date). 95% of these prizes will be gift certificates purchased from local businesses, and the other 5% will be Downtown Dollars. This way, customers may win a gift certificate to a business they aren’t familiar with yet, helping to grow awareness of as many downtown businesses as possible.

If your business would like to be included in the sale as one of the locations we purchase gift certificates from, please email info@downtowntruro.ca no later than 5pm on Friday, November 5, 2021. We will be purchasing all of the gift certificates the week of November 8 – 12.

Evening Shopping Event

We are encouraging as many Downtown Truro businesses as possible to stay open until 9pm on Friday, November 26 for Evening Shopping in Downtown Truro. We will be hiring carolers to perform throughout the evening, and we will be hosting horse and wagon rides from 6pm – 8pm that night. We will also be drawing for prizes for shoppers who upload receipts for purchases from 5pm – 9pm.

If your business plans to stay open late on November 26, please email info@downtowntruro.ca no later than 5pm on Friday, November 5, 2021 to be listed on promotional materials. These sign-ups will also help us determine where to schedule our carolers for the evening.

Santa Claus Parade

On Sunday, November 28, we will be hosting the annual Downtown Truro Santa Claus Parade. Businesses can download the full information package and registration form using the button below.

Santa Claus Parade Registration Deadline: November 10, 2021.

Parade Package

Calendar of Events

Downtown Dollar Sale

Truro Farmers’ Market
8am – 1pm

Downtown Dollar Sale

Truro Farmers’ Market
8am – 1pm

Evening Shopping Event

Downtown Truro
5pm – 9pm

Horse and Wagon Rides

Truro Farmers’ Market
6pm – 8pm

Photos With Santa

Victoria Square Info Centre
10am – 12pm

Pet Photos with Santa

Victoria Square Info Centre
1pm – 3pm

Santa Claus Parade

Downtown Truro
4pm – 5:30pm

Photos With Santa

Victoria Square Info Centre
4pm – 6pm

Holiday Movie: Home Alone

Marigold Cultural Centre
6:30pm – 8:15pm

Horse and Wagon Rides

Truro Farmers’ Market
6pm – 8pm

Photos with Santa

Victoria Square Info Centre
10am – 12pm

Photos With Santa

Victoria Square Info Centre
4pm – 6pm

Holiday Movie: Elf

Marigold Cultural Centre
6:30pm – 8:15pm

Horse and Wagon Rides

Truro Farmers’ Market
6pm – 8pm

Photos with Santa

Victoria Square Info Centre
10am – 12pm

Photos With Santa

Victoria Square Info Centre
4pm – 6pm

Movie: A Christmas Story

Marigold Cultural Centre
6:30pm – 8:15pm

Horse and Wagon Rides

Truro Farmers’ Market
6pm – 8pm