2020 Summer in Truro Photo Contest
July 6 - August 31
We are looking for unique photos to be featured in our provincially distributed promotional materials.
Photo submissions should reflect the vibrancy of Truro and the people who live, work and play here.
Contest Entry Details are as follows:
• Entries must be submitted no later than August 31st, 2020 at 4:00pm. There is no fee for entry.
• To be eligible to win the grand prize, each photograph must have been taken in Truro, Nova Scotia. Photos of people will be given preference over landscape and nature photographs. For example, we are looking for photos of people dining, shopping, enjoying downtown and recreation activities in Truro!
To submit a photo, please complete the following steps:
1. Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject line must read: 2020 SUMMER IN TRURO PHOTO CONTEST
- The body of your email should include your name, a brief description of the photo, your contact information and your social media platforms (if you would like to be identified as the contest winner).
- Please attach a .png (or .jpg) digital file of your photo (photo submission details can be found below).
2. Upload your photo to social media; either Facebook, Instagram or both!
3. Tag @downtowntruro.
4. Use the hashtag #experiencetruro in the post description.
*Please note your privacy settings for this post must be public. The photos will be judged by a panel once we’ve received all submissions, however, we will gain input from the public through public social media engagement.
- Entries must be colour digital photographs. Moderate digital adjustment (colour correction, cropping, sharpening, etc) is acceptable, but any image with a watermark or signature will be automatically disqualified.
- For contest entry, photos must be a .png or .jpg digital file, at least 3MB in size. Maximum file size: 6MB.
- The winner will be required to submit original material (high resolution files) for reproduction purposes, so winning pictures can be published. Please be prepared to submit a high resolution file, should you win.
- The photographer requires consent of all individuals in the photo, prior to submitting the photo.
- Photographers may submit multiple photos.
- By entering contest, the photographer gives consent to the Downtown Truro Partnership to use their photo(s) in future promotional materials/campaigns. Photographer credit will be given on or near photo.
- Entries will be judged by a panel comprised of staff of the Downtown Truro Partnership. The decisions of the judges are final.
- Winners will be notified by phone or e-mail.
- The winner will be notified by August 31, 2020.
- There will be ONE submission winner. The winner will be gifted $250 downtown dollars.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not redeemable for cash. If prizes cannot be mailed, winners are responsible for picking up their prizes at the Downtown Truro Partnership Office; 605 Prince Street, Truro, NS.
The Downtown Truro Partnership uses this space to promote events that they are hosting.
The DTP encourages you to like and follow our Facebook feed so you will always have the most up to date information on events, festivals and special offers that are available at our downtown Truro businesses and in our local community.